A nourishing soup for cold winter days or a shared lunch with friends. Easy to prepare in advance.
Tip: Leave out the bacon and the Frankfurters, and replace the Crème fraîche with soy cream and you get a wonderful vegan potato soup!
- Feeds: 4 to 6 people
- Preparation time: approximately 1 hour
- Can be prepared several hours or even a day before a meal, just needs reheating.
- Easy to prepare but a blender is needed.
- 100g bacon bits (or 150g diced Chorizo)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 carrots
- 700g potatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- Dried majoram and thyme
- Smoked paprika powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 pot of Crème fraîche
- 4 Frankfurters
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the vegetables.
- Chop the onion roughly.
- Cut the potatoes into medium size pieces, and carrot and leek into slices.
- Fry the bacon or Chorizo bits gently with a little oil in a big sauce pan, (once done, put a third of the Chorizo bits aside on a plate).
- Add the onion bits and fry gently until they are transparent.
- Add the vegetables; fill the sauce pan with vegetable broth until the vegetables are covered. Add bay leaves and cloves, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and cloves. Put a few potato pieces aside (you can add them to the same plate as the Chorizo).
- Blend the soup until everything is smooth.
- Add marjoram, thyme, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Add three table spoons of crème fraîche to the soup and stir in until dissolved.
- At the end, add the sliced up Frankfurters and heat through for five minutes.
- Divide potato pieces (and Chorizo) that you set aside earlier in soup bowls. Add soup and a spoon full of crème fraîche to each bowl.